Odds and Ends


I think of myself as an excellent planner. Yet I still have many sleepless nights as the wheels of my mind keep spinning causing to doubt all and any decision I have made thus far. Consequently, my to-to list never seems to end. I remind myself that I can do this, break down the tasks at hand so they become more manageable. 
During the day I have things under control but when I can't sleep doubt creeps back into my head.

On my to-do list was a trip to the hairdresser. My friend Judy had suggested a salon that was good and reasonable so off I went. When I arrived something seemed off but I could not figure out what was amiss. So I asked Sandy if she could cut my hair shorter, much shorter as to make it easier to take care of during my 3 month adventure. So we agreed on the cut and she started cutting my hair. At some point during our conversation I called her Sandy and she stopped immediately with the task. "What did you just call me"? "My name isn't  Sandy but Cheryl". Oh dear I was at the wrong place. I felt bad as I had made an appointment with Sandy and not Cheryl. Too many things on my mind... We had a good laugh and in the end Cheryl did a great job😊.

In the meantime my to-do list is getting shorter but my suitcase is getting fuller. I am convinced that many items need to be left behind in California😓😓

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding to a New Adventure

Goodbye New Mexico, hello Texas

My final blog