Two women and a bike


Vicki
This bike journey started way before my 1st pedal stroke. As a matter of fact, it started 3 months ago when Vicki from Tennessee asked me via FB if I would be interested in cycling the Southern Tier with her. I love biking and I love adventure thus making this an easy decision.

A bit about Vicki:

Vicki is usually on the bike beside her husband David.  Life can change quickly  and it did for this couple - Since his passing  in 2021  (from a long illness) he is so very missed by all - every day❤️   He and Vicki loved biking.

Riding the  U.S. Southern Tier was a dream of David and Vicki’s!
After many months of preparation- physically- emotionally and mentally - Vicki will begin this journey today - 
We will take her to board Amtrak and after a few days of travel to San Francisco - her ride begins in Northern Ca.  And will eventually wind up to the Eastern Coast of Fla.!!!   Many detours and change of plans may  arise due to the extreme weather-(rain and snow) in California.

The Planning:

It didn't take long before the planning started because "An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing" (Dale Carnegie).

At the time that Vicki approached me, I was still in California with my daughter Rachel. Perfect timing as I could leave my bike and most of my gear there or so I thought. The Southern Tier, however, starts in San Diego meaning I have to travel from San Fran to San Diego. "No problem" said Vicki, "I will travel to San Fran and we will start our journey from there". How wonderful!

In the meantime I traveled back home to Canada. I have studied maps, routes, and places to stay for the night. The "to do" list became a lengthy one, bags packed, unpacked and re-packed while more items needed to be removed. But I think I am ready....


And then my bike. But I will tell you all about her in my next post😊 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding to a New Adventure

Goodbye New Mexico, hello Texas

My final blog