Many miles of riding
I slept poorly, partially because of what happened last night but also because of the cold. It was freezing.
Our bikes were ready by 8:30 am. We were planning to bike to Santa Barbara (80 miles or well over 120 km). That's where our camping was. There were lots of rolling hills and 1 huge climb. The scenery was amazing. Intense green hills, lots of fields with strawberries, and some fields with black cows. Very peaceful and inspirational.
Both Vicki and I felt tired and once we hit Lompoc, 53 miles into our ride I saw a McDonald's and I was dying for a coffee. We took a break and could not find the energy to continue. We were lucky in finding a cheap hotel for the night and the decision was made.
No wardens, only a comfortable warm room. Happy, happy I am
Our hotel room. All charged up and ready to go



Comments
Post a Comment