Rain, rain and more rain

This morning I looked out the window and all I saw was a misty sky while the rain kept coming down. Depressing and worrying. Still the feeling of excitement remains. It can't get worse only better.

This morning Vicky boarded the Amtrak train direction New Orleans. She will arrive in San Francisco Friday night. 92 hours later! I can't wait to give her a hug. 4 months of messaging, face-time, and numerous phone calls have turned a like-minded cyclist into a friend. A friend with whom I will bike for the next 3 month and I feel excited🙂.

This morning my dear friend Anne from Seattle phoned me. Anne and I met during a cycling tour through Luxumburg. A strong friendship was formed and we have cycled several routes together. She is so supportive, understanding, and caring.  Anne not only warms my heart but she encourages me to follow my dreams.

This afternoon I searched the "Warm Shower" site and Google maps so I can make a plan B. Although the sun will shine for the next couple of days, the rain will start again on Saturday. I contacted several Warm Shower Hosts and thus far 1 has said "come on down".  All 3 hosts in Half Moon Bay are unavailable so we will camp that night. Biking and camping in the rain is no fun but we'll manage.

This evening Rachel helped me navigate "Riding with GPS". I was able to make a route to REI so will try out tomorrow. Ride with GPS is a great tool in making your own route e.g. to Salinas Amtrak train station. But you know me, I don't do well with technology🙂. 

And here I have to give a big shoutout to Vicki's friend Cliff who has made several routes, including cue sheets, for us. And he told us "I am only one phone call away". The world is full of good people.

Nice blog Hendrika, looking forward to following your trip to the east coast. Wish you lots of fun, great adventure and beautiful weather (Behrooz).

Comments

  1. Nice blog Hendrika, looking forward to following your trip to the east coast. Wish you lots of fun, great adventure and beautiful weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Behrooz. Thank you for your well wishes. It just might work. The forecast is slightly improved!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Riding to a New Adventure

Goodbye New Mexico, hello Texas

My final blog