Road blocks


Thursday evening February 23nd. 

In December of last year I decided to buy an extra battery. There are several stretches during our route where there are no campings and no services so extra power could be beneficial. Thus, I ordered the battery and it was shipped to Rachel. Thursday evening I decided to open the box so we could place the cover plate on the battery. Disaster as I received the wrong size, the compact vs the regular one.  1 inch short thus useless for me. My heart sank and tears started to flow. What to do? Rachel right away searched the internet but no battery. After hours of searching and venting my frustrations, we found one on ebay. Yeah!

"Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day" 

After a restless night, I tried to contact the seller. The sales person promised me that they will get the new battery to me before the start of my trip. Thus I ordered another battery. What a mess. Remember that uneasy feeling I couldn't shake? I know now why: bike trouble, wrong battery, wrong phone card and visa card not working. All pretty important for making this adventure a success.

However, on the positive side: my bike is performing well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Riding to a New Adventure

Goodbye New Mexico, hello Texas

My final blog