Anticipation is building

For the past couple of days I worked on organizing and reorganizing my bags. Giant integrates battery and computer into the frame and handlebar for an ecstatic look but it limits where I can place my phone, water bottles and light. Lots of tie-downs and straps were needed. Thank goodness for Rachel.  She has helped me so much. It would have been much more challenging without her expertise, caring and loving attitude. Annie is ready. And so am I. 

Last evening Rachel's neighbors and friends, Shabnam, Madhav, and Leela, gave us the key to their car. They have a great Thule bike rack that fits Vicki's bike. When I approached Shabnam a month ago about helping out with transporting Vicki's bike she said without any hesitation: " Of course you can use our car. We gladly will help you".  I am so thankful for all their support and kindness. Truly beautiful people.  

I woke up early anticipating the arrival of Vicki. Currently she's in Los Angeles waiting for boarding the train to San Francisco. Rachel and I will meet Vicki around 9.30 pm. A comfortable bed and a warm shower are waiting for her. 92 hours on several trains are finally coming to an end. 

I got brave enough to look at the weather forecast and it is slightly improving. So relieved! We still will get rain but mostly evenings, nights and early mornings.  Tent will be wet. But what is an extra kilo!

I just have to keep myself busy. I feel nervous, anxious while the anticipating is building. I finished the last but very important task,  officially naming my bike Annie!



Annie, Ruby, Hendrika and Vicki - four ladies riding Coast to Coast - Very impressive ! (Cliff).

Comments

  1. Annie, Ruby, Hendrika and Vicki - four ladies riding Coast to Coast - Very impressive !

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Riding to a New Adventure

Goodbye New Mexico, hello Texas

My final blog