Goodbye Louisiana, hello Mississippi.

Saturday April 22nd.  Lots of miles by truck. Baton Rouge to Pearlington Mississippi. Day 48.

It was a lazy Saturday morning. Colvin had made a great pot of coffee and the conversation was easy going. It felt like we had known each other for a long time.

We planned our route for today around the availability of a camping. Pearlington had just that. A more direct route and a camping on the Southern Tier Route.

I had fallen behind with my blog from yesterday so I made sure that it got done. Lots of interesting places I visited and thus quite a few pictures. Today not so much. Colvin made me some fried eggs as that is a difficult item to buy when you're traveling by yourself. It tasted so good. The dogs were in and out and of course they wanted to say hi to me. Boy do I miss Jack.

Pam joined us a while later.


It was good to be around her as I felt a bit off. But with her wisdom and advice I was able to get it together again. We decided to leave around 12.30 pm which would give me enough time to set up camp and clean Annie. She was covered in mud from yesterday's ride. Colvin and I did some work for Pam and before we knew it it was time to leave.

The ride was comfortable and about an hour later we entered the state of Mississippi and left Louisiana behind us.


Maybe better roads? Pam had a little rhyme to  teach students how to spell Mississippi. Pam has been a teacher all of her life, including being a principal. Shes retired now. Around 3 pm we arrived at Sunrise RV Park and Camping. It is a simple camping with no shower but it has beautiful green grass for my tent. 

Saying goodbye to Pam and Colvin wasn't easy. We all felt like we had known each other for a while. Yet it had to happen. One more hug, one more wave and one more beautiful friendship. Pam and Colvin, you're the best!

I quickly set up camp, cleaned Annie, and oriented myself with tomorrow's route. It is a quiet camping which makes for a great sleep. 

Comments

  1. Hi Don. Happy you found my blog. I am well and certnot giving up now that I am close to the finish line. And you'll get out if your recliner some day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Riding to a New Adventure

Goodbye New Mexico, hello Texas

My final blog